It’s a hearty soup and it’s vegetarian and it’s served with a nice crusty French loaf.
Happy yum, I’ll take a bowl, yes please and thank you.
Turnips. Turnips? Turnips!
[Thanks, Cheap Thrills!]
Provençal Vegetarian Soup from Cheap Thrills Cuisine
In a large pot, sauté in ¼ cup olive oil:
- 2 cups ½-inch diced leeks
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
Cook for 2 minutes.
- 1 cup each of ½-inch diced carrots, red pepper, and celery
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons pesto
- 2 cups halved grape tomatoes
Cover. Cook for 5 minutes.
- 6 cups tomato juice
- 2 cups water or vegetable stock
- 1 cup ½-inch diced turnip
- 2 cups sliced Savoy cabbage
- 2 Tablespoons dried marjoram or oregano
- 2 Tablespoons dried tarragon
- 2 small bay leaves
Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes until the turnip is done. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Serves 6-8 with crusty French loaf.