I see this new-to-me Bruschetta Pasta Bake.
I see that it looks quite manageable, and I see that I can make this perhaps very soon.
I see that it’s supposed to serve 8.
I don’t see what “serve 8” is supposed to mean.
I’m supposed to share?? No no no….
[Too tiny? Click on the image. Find the magnifying glass in the bottom right corner. Click on that.]
Bruschetta Pasta Bake
1) Cook 4 cups medium shell pasta in boiling water until al dente.
2) Drain, cool. Blend in 2 cups shredded mozzarella and 1 cup Parmesan cheeses. Set aside.
3) Sauté the following on medium in 1/3 cup olive oil for 2 minutes: 1 cup 3/8-inch diced red onion, 2 Tablespoons minced garlic.
4) Add: 7 cups 3/8-inch diced fresh plum tomatoes, 1 cup chopped fresh basil, 1/2 cup fresh chopped oregano, 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 Tablespoons tomato paste, and 1 cup tomato juice. Simmer 5 minutes.
5) Mix half of sauce into pasta. Transfer to casserole. Cover with remaining sauce. Top with 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup grated Parmesan and 1/4 cup olive oil.
6) Bake covered at 350 °C for 15 minutes. Remove cover. Bake 15 minutes longer until slightly browned.
Filed under: Vegetarian Kids |