Somebody is baking with pears and phyllo dough?
Well, then, ‘scuse me, comin’ through, ‘scuse me, ‘scuse me, ‘scuse me, ‘scuse me, ‘scuse me, pardon me, oh boy oh boy oh boy I really need to move closer to the oven, yes, sorry, ‘scuse me, ‘scuse me….
P.S. Step 9: Good call.
Phyllo Pear Nests
1. Peel and slice 5-6 Bosc pears into 1/2-inch by 3/8-inch slices.
2. In a large saucepan, add: pear slices, 1/4 cup water, 1/3 cup maple syrup, 1/4 cup dried cranberries, 2 teaspoons cinnamon
3. Cook on low, stirring occasionally, until liquid evaporates.
4. Chill 30 minutes.
5. Spray 12 muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
6. Fold one sheet of phyllo dough in half. Cut into 6 equal squares. Lay 3 squares in one muffin cup. Spray with oil. Lay 3 remaining squares at right angles in cup. Repeat with 11 more cups.
7. Spoon equal amounts of pear mixture into nests. Top with 1 tablespoon of strawberry preserves.
8. Bake at 375 F for 7-8 minutes. Cool in tin 5 minutes. Carefully remove.
9. Serve with ice cream.
[Cheap Thrills Cuisine!]
Filed under: Desserts, Vegetarian Kids | Tagged: Cheap Thrills Cuisine, dessert, muffin tins, pears, phyllo dough | Leave a comment »