This Blueberry Banana Loaf has blueberries in it!
Show your children how to make this, and…I’ll take three, please!
That part where it says to wrap in foil and cool overnight in a refrigerator? That helps make the loaf much more moister than it already will be. Then heads up: you’ll be tempted to promptly inhale the whole thing for breakfast. No worries. Grab a different flavor yogurt and pile o’ fruit and make another loaf!
Blueberry Banana Loaf [Cheap Thrills: April 25, 2012]
1. Sift 4 cups flour with 1 teaspoon salt and 2 teaspoons baking powder.
2. In a large bowl, mix 2 cups sugar and 1 cup oil for 3 minutes.
3. Beat in: 2 cups mashed ripe banana, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 1 cup plain or blueberry yogurt, 4 eggs. Mix until well combined.
4. Add dry mixture into wet in two or three stages.
5. Fold in 2 cups blueberries and zest of 1 lemon. Fill two greased loaf pans 2/3 full with mixture.
6. Bake at 350 °F / 177 °C for 50-60 minutes or until inserted knife shows clean.
7. Cool 10 minutes. Wrap in foil and cool overnight in refrigerator.